2011年3月16日水曜日

ocean joins us

I've read this message(Book VIEW CAFE BLOG )written by Ursula K. Le Guin and very encouraged.

To My Japanese Readers:

There is an ocean between us, yet that ocean joins us.
The great tsunami that struck Japan travelled on, growing weaker, until it came to the west coast of America. Here it did little harm. But with that wave came to us the great wave of your grief and suffering.
I hope you know that there are many, many people here who are thinking of you now, and crying for you, and praying that the worst will soon be past.
I admire, more than I can say, the quiet courage the ordinary people of Japan have shown amidst so much loss, suffering, and fear. Your strong and patient faces are beautiful to see. I look at them and cry. I wish you strength and the hope of better days.

With love,
Ursula

0 件のコメント: